With all this rain that we have been getting please watch out for foxtail weeds in your yards! To learn more about foxtails, click here.
Easy Dog Treat Recipe
– 1 envelope of Unflavored Gelatin
– 1 cup cold water
– 1 cup creamy, unsweetened peanut butter (preferably organic)
– 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– 1 large, ripe banana
– 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle the envelope of gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water and lightly stir. Let it sit for a minute.
2. Combine peanut butter with the maple syrup and the other 1/2 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
3. Heat the mixture on the stove on low heat. Stir constantly until it is well- incorporated. (be careful not to burn the peanut butter)
4. Pour the hot mixture into the bowl of gelatin and stir vigorously until it is smooth.
5. Thinly slice the banana, and place them along the bottom of the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add raspberries between the banana slices.
6. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the fruit and refrigerate for at least three hours.
7. Flip the pan upside down and slice the treats into 1 by 1 inch pieces.
February is Dental Month! Studies show that by the age of three, 80% of dogs show signs of gum disease.
We do complementary dental exam! Call us to make your pets dental cleaning for this month! 505-869-2627
Arthritis in our pets can be very painful. Arthritis means inflammation of the joints. The most common arthritis in dogs, cats and horses is called osteoarthritis.Click here to learn more about Arthritis.
Our doctors can help you determine if your four legged friends has arthritis and help you to get them started on the necessary treatment for a more comfortable life.
Here is a easy recipe for Horse Carrot/Apple Cakes!
– 1 carrot
– 1 apple
– 1 cup molasses
– 2 1/2 cups oats
– 2 tablespoons oil
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Grate the carrot and apple
3. Mix together all ingredients
4. Place mixture in baking tray
5. bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown
6. Cool for four hours in refrigerator