Easy Dog Treat Recipe
– 1 envelope of Unflavored Gelatin
– 1 cup cold water
– 1 cup creamy, unsweetened peanut butter (preferably organic)
– 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– 1 large, ripe banana
– 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle the envelope of gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water and lightly stir. Let it sit for a minute.
2. Combine peanut butter with the maple syrup and the other 1/2 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
3. Heat the mixture on the stove on low heat. Stir constantly until it is well- incorporated. (be careful not to burn the peanut butter)
4. Pour the hot mixture into the bowl of gelatin and stir vigorously until it is smooth.
5. Thinly slice the banana, and place them along the bottom of the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add raspberries between the banana slices.
6. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the fruit and refrigerate for at least three hours.
7. Flip the pan upside down and slice the treats into 1 by 1 inch pieces.