Here is a recipe for some delicious dog treats:
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (room temperature)
- ½ cup chia seeds (either black or white)
- Put yogurt into a medium sized bowl and stir in blueberries, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Then stir in chia seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it sit for 15 minutes. (stir twice during this time)
- Remove from the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Return to refrigerator and let it sit for at least four hours or overnight. (until the mixture thickens into a pudding consistency)
- Scoop into ice cube trays and freeze until ready to feed.
- Once frozen, cover with plastic wrap.
This recipe makes approximately 16 ice cubed-sized treats.