Diabetes is a disorder of carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism caused by an insulin deficiency. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the pancreas which helps proteins break down into glucose. Glucose is a type of sugar and one of the body’s main sources of energy.
Click the here to learn more about Pet diabetes.
Send us a picture of your pets in their Halloween costume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them to our Facebook page! The picture with the most “likes” WINS a bag of treats! The last day to send us your pictures is October 31st and the winner will be announced on November 2nd!
Here is the picture of Robyn, our winner from last year!
The New Mexico Department of Health announced a 63-year-old Valencia County man has died from West Nile virus. Make sure you horse is current on their West Nile virus vaccination.
September is Happy Cat Month! Make sure your feline friend is up to date on all vaccines. Give us a call to make an appointment.
August is Immunization Awareness Month! Do you know if your animal is up to date on their vaccines? We can help, and give us a call! 505-869-2627
With all this rain that we have been getting please watch out for foxtail weeds in your yards! To learn more about foxtails, click here.
Spring is here! And with the warmer weather brings fleas and ticks. Come in and get Bravecto, a oral chew that lasts 3 months!
Easy Dog Treat Recipe
– 1 envelope of Unflavored Gelatin
– 1 cup cold water
– 1 cup creamy, unsweetened peanut butter (preferably organic)
– 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– 1 large, ripe banana
– 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle the envelope of gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water and lightly stir. Let it sit for a minute.
2. Combine peanut butter with the maple syrup and the other 1/2 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
3. Heat the mixture on the stove on low heat. Stir constantly until it is well- incorporated. (be careful not to burn the peanut butter)
4. Pour the hot mixture into the bowl of gelatin and stir vigorously until it is smooth.
5. Thinly slice the banana, and place them along the bottom of the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add raspberries between the banana slices.
6. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the fruit and refrigerate for at least three hours.
7. Flip the pan upside down and slice the treats into 1 by 1 inch pieces.
February is Dental Month! Studies show that by the age of three, 80% of dogs show signs of gum disease.
Four stages of Dental Disease
We do complementary dental exam! Call us to make your pets dental cleaning for this month! 505-869-2627
Arthritis in our pets can be very painful. Arthritis means inflammation of the joints. The most common arthritis in dogs, cats and horses is called osteoarthritis.Click here to learn more about Arthritis.
Our doctors can help you determine if your four legged friends has arthritis and help you to get them started on the necessary treatment for a more comfortable life.