June is National Microchipping Month! When is the last time you checked to see if your animals microchip information was up to date?
March is Poison Prevention Awareness Month!
There are 6 dog toxins that as pet owners, we should beware of
– Human Medications like antidepressants, acetaminophen, and Advil
– Human Foods like chocolate, gum, candy, raisins, grapes, macadamia nuts, and garlic
– Insecticides and Rodenticides like mouse/rat poison, sprays, granules, rose-care products
– Supplements/Vitamins like iron, Vitamin D
– Plants like Bird- of-Paradise, Iris, Morning Glory, Poinsettias
If you have any questions regarding this list, don’t hesitate to call and talk to our doctors. 505-869-2627
February is Dental Month! Dogs, cats, and horses need dental care just like you and me! Click here to learn more about how to take care of your pets teeth!
Feeding is one of the most rewarding chores of horse ownership. But many horses, given the opportunity, will eat far more than they need, tipping the scale to an unhealthy balance. Excess pounds put a strain on virtually every body system. Click here to learn more about Overweight horses.
Remember these 7 easy pet safety tips for Christmas
- Plants can be poisonous to animals. Some examples are Holly, Mistletoe, Poinsettas and Hibiscus.
- Exposed wiring can electrocute a curious animal who likes to chew.
- Chocolate can be highly toxic.
- Tinsel can cause intestinal obstructions and blockage if swallowed.
- Sweet, fatty, or spicy foods should be kept away from your pets.
No pet owner wants to see their pet suffer from muscle and joint pain. Have you noticed your pet slowing down, having trouble with everyday movement? Visit our website here to learn more.
Diabetes is a disorder of carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism caused by an insulin deficiency. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the pancreas which helps proteins break down into glucose. Glucose is a type of sugar and one of the body’s main sources of energy.
Click the here to learn more about Pet diabetes.
Send us a picture of your pets in their Halloween costume to email@example.com and we will post them to our Facebook page! The picture with the most “likes” WINS a bag of treats! The last day to send us your pictures is October 31st and the winner will be announced on November 2nd!